I am a psychiatrist who is an expert in treating depression and anxiety. My skills include helping with crisis situations including medical illnesses (e.g. cancer) and relationship challenges. If you are looking for warm and empathic care that improves your overall wellness – mental and physical, then welcome!
- Collaborative Care: This is the latest research-supported approach in psychiatry that says where psychiatric and medical care are integrated BOTH physical and psychological results are better.
- Psychiatric Medications: I am an expert at prescribing psychiatric medications at the lowest doses possible. Safety is my first priority.
- Spravato (esketamine): we have just started using this new medication for treating depression that has not responded to conventional treatment. Consider consulting with me for a second opinion if your current treatment is not effective.
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy): Psychotherapy is a powerful healing force. I use a research-proven, goal-focused therapy called CBT.
- Gottman Method: This is a research-driven approach to couples therapy that you may have read about or seen on TV. Consider consulting with me for a second opinion if your current couples therapy is unsatisfactory.
- My aim: Timely help for adults, couples, and people with medical problems. Physicians often refer other physicians to me.
- Qualifications: I am double board certified and an Associate Professor. I have worked at the top New York academic hospitals for the past 20 years:
- Weill Cornell Medicine/New York Presbyterian
- Memorial Sloane Kettering Cancer Center
- NorthWell Health
- Tele-psychiatry: Technology drives better results. That’s why I offer secure tele-psychiatry visits straight to your phone or computer
- Electronic Medical Record: I use the latest encrypted, HIPAA compliant medical record, a patient portal and electronic prescribing to make your care more efficient.
I am hopeful that we can work together to achieve psychological wellbeing, better overall health and stronger relationships.