I am a psychiatrist who is an expert in treating depression and anxiety. My skills include helping with crisis situations including medical illnesses (e.g. cancer) and relationship challenges. If you are looking for warm and empathic care that improves your overall wellness – mental and physical, then welcome!
- Depression and Anxiety: We use the latest evidence-based treatments driven by research-proven protocols.
- Genetic Testing: This new technology helps us chose the right medication, the first time. One that works and is less likely to cause side-effects. It eliminates the trial and error approach to finding the right medication that you will find with many other psychiatrists.
- Prescribing Philosophy: We are experts at prescribing psychiatric medications at the lowest doses possible. Safety is our first priority.
- Collaborative Care: This is the latest research-supported approach in psychiatry that says where psychiatric and medical care are integrated BOTH physical and psychological results are better.
- Ketamine and Spravato (esketamine): Ketamine is a new approach for treating depression that has not responded to conventional treatment. It’s available intravenously or as a nasal spray. The advantage is that it works faster than other treatments. Consider consulting with me for a second opinion if your current treatment is not effective.
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy): Psychotherapy is a powerful healing force. I use a research-proven, goal-focused therapy called CBT.
- Gottman Method: Research-proven method for couples therapy that you may have read about or seen on TV. Consider consulting us for a second opinion if your current couples therapy is unsatisfactory.
- Medico-legal: I am available for medico-legal and forensic psychiatry consulting.
- My aim: Timely help and quality care. Physicians often refer other physicians to me.
- Qualifications: I am double board certified and an Associate Professor. I have worked at the top New York academic hospitals for the past 20 years:
- Weill Cornell Medicine/New York Presbyterian
- Memorial Sloane Kettering Cancer Center
- NorthWell Health
- Tele-psychiatry: Technology drives better results. That’s why I offer secure virtual visits straight to your phone or computer.
- Electronic Communication: Email me directly. Online depression and anxiety testing, electronic prescribing and a patient portal all make your care more efficient.
I am hopeful that we can work together to achieve psychological wellbeing, better overall health and stronger relationships.