Update May 20, 2021
We are now open for in person visits as well as continuing our virtual visits, our office staff is fully vaccinated. Our office will do a health screen and temperature check for all patients entering our offices.
Video sessions enable you to get psychiatric care from the safety of your home. Research shows that virtual care is as effective as in-person sessions for treating psychiatric problems.
Our psychological questionnaires and assessment battery are online.
Prescriptions are sent directly to your pharmacy or pharmacies such as Capsule that home deliver.
- Genetic testing kits can be sent to your home and once you have done the swabs they can be picked up and overnighted to the laboratory.
- Other blood tests still need to be done in person and you will need to take precautions.
- EKGs can be done in your home with a device that you order or via your primary care doctor.
Guidelines for Virtual Sessions
- Use your phone, tablet or computer
- Headphones are helpful. They improve sound quality and help keep the conversation private.
- Video: sitting at a table and chair is better than a bed or sofa. Resting the phone against a vertical surface produces a better picture than hand-holding the phone.
- Dress as if you are going to a doctor’s appointment (gym clothes are acceptable, pajamas are not)
- Have a pen and pad or your computer handy so that you can take therapy notes as usual.
- We adhere to the standards of the American Psychiatry Association Telepsychiatry Guidelines.
These are trying times. Please discuss financial issues with us directly. We are committed to helping.
See Dr Levin’s article on decatastrophizing covid-19 anxiety. It is a helpful way to plan and reduce panic, even in the worst-case scenario.
Dr. Levin is available for emergencies These are difficult times and it’s important to be able to get help when it’s needed.