The Gottman Method
is a research-based approach to improving relationships developed by the psychologist Dr. John Gottman.
- Dr. Levin recommends this method for couples therapy because of the extensive research supporting its effectiveness.
- Predicts which couples likely to divorce with 91% accuracy.
- At the start of therapy, you will complete the Gottman Relationship Checkup, an online test that assesses areas of relationship strength and weakness to plan the therapy and prognosticate.
- Read Dr. Gottman’s most famous book, The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, to see if this therapy is right for you.
- Dr. Levin studied Gottman Method therapy with Drs. John and Julie Gottman.
- Depression, anxiety, alcohol and other psychological problems create additional burdens on the relationship. Consider consulting with Dr. Levin to see if adding an antidepressant or anti-anxiety medication might help your relationship.